Sunday, January 22, 2012

EDcampDC

So I measure any good conference by the number of connections I make and the number of nuggets I take away. Here are a few nuggets from EdcampDC yesterday:
  • National Library of Virtual Manipulatives
  • MangaHigh.com
  • Mathcounts math video contest
  • National STEM video game contest
That's about as many as I'd get from an $800 conference, so kudos to all organizers, and thank you. The EDcamp model is legit and here to stay.

Jin-Soo Huh definitely said some awesome stuff. Like I'm on record now saying he's gonna win 2012 PG County Teacher of the Year for basically building a Learning Management System from scratch with Google Apps for Education. And assistant princial Dan Englender hurt a few brains when he showed some software he built, inspiring me to try to convince my bosses to take some computer science classes. And while I know little about ePortfolios, Stephen Silvius' Orangebook app looks promising, EPortfolios made easy.


No comments: