Monday, September 18, 2006

I am an eBay freak!

I spent the last week of summer selling on eBay. It felt so empowering. I had some valuable stuff in the closet that I no longer wanted, but I didn't want to give it away or have a garage sale. I thought about taking it to a professional eBay seller to have them sell it, but I'm glad I did it myself because I learned an invaluable lesson on ecommerce from the seller's perspective.

I recommend that you try it! Don't take a class or buy the book, "Ebay for Dummies", just try this:

1) Sign up for an eBay account (I recommend using the Paypal credit card service) and buy some cheap items. The goal is to learn the buyer's perspective and the buying process.

2) Go to your closet and find some $5 items to sell. The goal is not to make money, but to learn the seller's perspective and the selling process with very little to risk.

3) Now get the more valuable items out of the closet to sell, and make some money!

4) If you need help, the eBay help files are outstanding, as is their email support. I don't think they have phone support, but call me or anyone else with eBay experience.

No comments: